I am a painter mostly but like to experiment with sculpture and work 3D once in awhile. I teach college students and occasionally younger students to create drawings. This site is a way to communicate with my students and my audience on the processes of my work.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Model Sheets

Board demo featuring the mouth and ear.

Male features drawn with angular lines.

Female features are softer.





Practice your pull across model sheets from photos or from conceptual faces. It is a great skill building exercise that helps you understand how to draw features and forms from different points of view. Once you master this exercise you can change the point of view below eye level and above eye level. Practice with both genders and increase your understanding of the differences between the skeletal and muscular structures of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment